Saturday, July 7, 2012

Passion

Do you ever get tired of hearing the same people talk about the same shit relentlessly?  Are Sally's kids the best damn ping pong players in the world or is Meg in the most fantastic marriage of all marriages?  My answer to your grief --  Get over it!!  Kindly smile and turn the other cheek.

Having passion in one's life is essential. I'm fortunate to be passionate about many things.  I am passionate, like all mothers, about their kids.  I'm so excited when they accomplish even the most little of things, and my heart breaks for them when things don't go their way.

I'm passionate about my health.  For me, this all goes back to my kids.  I not only want to be there when Payton runs her first 5k, I want to run it with her.  When Grady rides his bike for the first time or lopes around the barrels, I want to be able to run beside him cheering him on. By promoting Visalus and the Challenge, I'm not only taking steps toward my own health, but hopefully helping others do the same.

I'm also passionate about my life in general.  I'm so excited to be able to financially offer alternatives that weren't there before.  I'm so grateful  that I don't have to sit and pore over my finances to try to discover what hole I'm going to pull money out of to pay my tuition for grad classes.  I've made a choice to stop dreaming and start doing.   Like many others, when I'm passionate about something I like to share it.  You're damn right I'm excited that I'm half way done with my Master's, that I'm earning extra income for my family, and that I'm in the best health of my life!

 If you don't like listening to people talk about something then tune out.  I can promise you that somewhere at sometime you've annoyed someone with your incessant rambling about something.  Let's not begrudge someone for being passionate.  And, if you don't have something to be passionate about in your life, then PLEASE find it!






1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!!! I'm so glad that we've all found something to be passionate about!

    ReplyDelete