Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Catch-up

While I haven't blogged for nearly a week, I have been writing intriguing exciting posts in my head.  I've also been racing around like a crazy woman and I think this is the first time I've had to just sit.  Ahhhhh.....

So, to play catch up:

Thursday - home with sick kid:(
Friday - SNOW DAY:)!!   Home with sick kid:(  Did get in a 4 mile run though.
Saturday - Met up with some friends and took kids snowmobiling/sledding.  Fun times.
Sunday - Ran SIX, that's right SIX miles.  Very big deal for me!!
Monday - Won first round of JH BB Conference Tourny.  Did hours of makeup homework with my daughter. 

Today - Won the second round of BB tourny.  It was a GREAT day.  The girls have made huge strides this year, especially in the mental aspect of the game.  Our goal today was to control the pace of the game.  We had our moments of getting carried away in the frenzy, but each time the girls calmed themselves and reaped the benefits!  Yay us!!  On the way home two girls told me that their favorite part of the game was looking over and seeing me smiling (and maybe jumping up and down).  Another girl, who is normally very quiet, told me that she was, "just happy".  It was for sure one of those coaching "moments" when you feel like all the drama, criticism, and self doubting that tend to go along with coaching adolescents are worth it.  We'll play our last game for this season Thursday and I'm super pumped.  The girls made a special request that I wear the exact same clothes Thursday that I wore today.  Apparently, Heather did that for them once so they expect nothing less from me.  
Gee, thanks.








No comments:

Post a Comment