Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Great Thanksgiving.  I hosted dinner for my family and turned 34!  It was a normal Thanksgiving with the kids outside "hunting rabbits" and the men downstairs drinking Budweiser watching football.  I got up early and ran to offset the extra calories.  Running in the morning is harder than running at night so I better try to fit in a couple morning runs this week before my first 5k Saturday. 

My SIL brought this to dinner.  She's crafty like that.  I am not. 


We left Thursday night at 9 to go Black Friday shopping.  NEVER again.  It was insane.  I'm an Internet girl.  I love sitting here in my sweatpants shopping online.  I love having it delivered to my doorstep in boxes and not worrying about hiding it from the kids.  My sincerest apologies to whomever had to empty our carts (TWICE) after we decided we didn't want to wait in the checkout line.

So, in honor of turning 34, I thought I'd make a top ten list from 33.  Again, they are in no particular order and this was much harder than I thought it would be.  Apparently, my memory sucks.

1.  Getting my iPhone  (Bet you didn't see that coming)
2.  Discovering running 
3.  Crossing a couple classes off for my Master's in EDAD
4.  Seasoning my barrel horse
5.  Football team winning a 3 peat Championship
6.  My new living quarter trailer  (It was a great summer "camping" with family and friends and having my own toilet is priceless.)
7.  Finally going snowmobiling with my husband and admitting that I loved it.... and Deadwood.
8. My kids milestones.  Grady's first jr. rodeo.  Payton playing volleyball.  Priceless. 
9.  Family trips.  Especially to the CO Springs ranch rodeo.  
10.  Shooting my first whitetail buck with my husband and our BFFs.

 
Today is my last day of vacation so I intend to be extra productive.  On my to do list:
  • Run
  • Photograph colts
  • Work on final
  • Laundry
  • Pack for work trip
  • Clear out Thanksgiving leftovers in fridge...especially desserts








No comments:

Post a Comment