Monday, November 21, 2011

Obsessed

I've become blog obsessed.  Not with starting my own, but with reading all the cool blogs out there.  I'm newly addicted to running (if you can call my max of 2.8 miles and a slow steady pace running).  Anyways, I recently discovered Google reader and have all the blogs I've discovered there so I can follow them with ease.  In my quest to become a runner (will blog later), I wasted half a day reading inspiring stories of others and made some astounding discoveries:
  • There are runners out there who "warm up" for 2 miles before running another 10.  WTH?  Are they for real? 
  • There are runners out there who run an entire half marathon at a 7 minute something pace.  Just kill me now. 
  • Drinking alcohol slows down your training progress....DRASTICALLY.  This explains A LOT.
  • After hearing the word "tempo" on about every other blog, I had to Google it.  Google DOES know everything.
  • No other training watch compares to the Garmin.  I'm currently watching one on eBay. I have become obsessed with checking the mileage on my Nike sport band to the point of nearly causing a traffic accident while resetting my truck odometer.
  • Runners unanimously agree that one of the perks of running is the ability to consume more food without gaining weight.  Finally, I'm inspired!
  • On the bright side, there are also many runners who were non-runners (like me) that can now call them selves runners...or at least woggers.  My husband and brother-in-law use this term for the runners who are walking yet jogging.  You know what I'm talking about.
Regardless, I am still determined to build up my mileage and throw around words such as pace and tempo and officially be a "runner".  I also want to look like this.  That's not asking for too much now is it?







2 comments:

  1. Thats 2.8 miles more then anyone else sitting on the couch! One of the blogs I read when I first started running said if you get off the couch and run, you are a runner. Doesnt matter how fast or how far, if you run, you are a runner. Therefore, you are a runner...but Ill chat about tempo runs and pace with you anytime ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I even Googled the difference between running and jogging to discover some varying opinions. One "expert" said than anything over 4.5mph is running while another said that jogging is a term gone by the wayside. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete