Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hotel Blues

I had to travel out of town for work Monday night.  Normally, this would be a special treat for me.  A hotel room all to myself, no kids or husband with their never ending demands for food, drink, or clothing. 


I arrived at the hotel excited to check in and head to Target, a rare special treat, and finish some Christmas shopping.  The friendly check in lady greeted me with a smile and assured me the continental breakfast was top notch.   Next, I kindly inquire where the hotel fitness room is and get, "We don't have a fitness room but we have a sauna."  Really, a sauna?  I'm not seeing the comparison here. 

Dagumit!  I'm running my first 5k Saturday, people.  The last motel I stayed at (Hampton Inn's ROCK) had treadmills that were like running on air.  Seriously, that treadmill made me feel like a freakin running goddess.   I was looking at the girl next to me with a cocky look on my face while her expression mirrored death thinking to myself, "no worries, my friend, some day you'll run like me."  So, you can see why I was so terribly bummed by the news of no repeat performance.  I NEEDED that feeling before Saturday.  Instead, I guess I'll be wearing one of these:


No comments:

Post a Comment