Sunday, November 20, 2011

To blog or not to blog?

Last year I made a feeble attempt at blogging about my everyday adventures as a desperate ranch wife.  I failed..miserably.  Recently, I've found myself writing blogs in my head about various topics, so I've decided to take the plunge again.  My promise to bloggerville (is that really a word?)  is to be much more successful this go around.

The most difficult part of my back to blogging mission was the name....thus, enters fate, and my friend Tara.  Friday night we went on a seemingly simple journey to a friend's jewelry party.  Like most of the people around here, our friend lives in the country.  So, although we all claim to be from the same town, we actually live great distances apart.  However, we will travel great distances for quality girl time...and wine:)  We scratch a couple names off our Christmas lists and decide we better get back to rescue our husbands who are "babysitting"  (that's a whole other blog). 

To make a very long story short, on our return trip we got lost.  Very lost.  My theory was to "keep going" because all gravel roads have to come out somewhere, right?  My 8 year old daughter had a more practical approach...the GPS on my beloved iPhone.  Yes, I realize I should have thought of that myself.  I'm putting the blame for that on Katie and her "special" drink.  Although a noble idea, one needs a steady cell signal to accurately use the GPS.  After many laughs and wrong turns we finally got a signal and found a "road" (term used quite loosely) that we recognized. 

It was the next day, after getting a lot of  flack about our misadventure, that fate stepped in and finally led me to the start of a blog name.  When reliving our journey with my husband, I commented that I was amazed that my GPS actually knew the names of the gravel roads on our rural route.  Bam!  I had a name...sort of.  Following my firm belief that Google knows everything, I searched and researched naming a blog to make sure fate wasn't messing with me....again.  I had no idea there were soooooo many rules regarding naming a blog, especially if one fully intends on gaining fame and fortune.  After 2 wasted days of "research" I've accepted the slim chances of that actually happening and well, here I am.  Stay tuned to hear about my Life on a Rural Route.............

No comments:

Post a Comment