Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Running in the Dark

My sister rocks.  Not only does she give me free fresh eggs (hint), she buys me sweet ass running beanies with lil reflective thingies on the side so I don't get hit by the beer truck while running on the highway.  It even has a hole in the back for my ponytail and sweet ass gloves to match.  Excuse my profanity...that's just how excited I am about my new gear.  The super cool Cars headlight is courtesy of my son.  He also doesn't want me to get hit by the beer truck (not a lot of traffic on our highway).  I'm beyond blessed to have such a caring family. 


Have I mentioned how in love I am with with my iPhone.  I can take pictures of myself without trying to guess if I'm really in the picture.

Anyways, my husband didn't get home until it was already dark, and I was dressed for the occasion so off I went.  I've ran in the dark before but I had a full moon those couple weeks.  Tonight was black..pitch black...with BEAUTIFUL stars.  Remember, there are no street lights where I live.  The nearest town is 17 miles and the nearest Walmart is around 100.  Really.  Running in the dark rocks (almost as much as my sister).  I'm almost afraid to try the same route in the daylight.  When it's dark there is no sense of distance and the time just flies by.  I highly recommend it!

When is your favorite time to run/exercise?????


1 comment:

  1. Glad you like your stuff!! And I'll send those eggs with Shane tomorrow after lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete