Sunday, January 22, 2012

Grrrrr.......

With my new addiction fascination, Pinterest, I've felt inspired to try some new recipes.  My family, however, is not on board.  This morning I made biscuit cinnamon rolls.  
I thought they were amazing.  Shane said they were good.  Grady ate half.  Payton had a bite and declared her dislike and settled for a bag of dry fruit loops.

A couple weeks ago I made a spaghetti casserole to which my family asked, "What's wrong with regular spaghetti??"  Tonight I branched out again and made a casserole from a friend featuring hamburger, potatoes, green beans and a cheese sauce.  What kids don't love anything smothered in cheese?  Mine!  I liked it.  Shane liked it.  Both kids opted for cold cereal.  In my frustration, I had a minor bitch fit meltdown and declared that I was done cooking and they could all eat cold cereal and PB&J every damn night.  Apparently, I'm the only one in this house tired of eating the same 'ol stuff week after week. 

Can anyone help me??  How do you get your family...especially your kids....to try new foods????



2 comments:

  1. I told Knight that he could start cooking his own meals cause he wouldn't try something. He ended up having a melt down. It's annoying. Kohl used to eat anything and now he's picky as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find the secret to getting them to try new food please let me know. So you know your not alone, Piper has a selective love/hate of cheese...basically, if she knows it has cheese in it she hates it. If I can get her to eat without knowing about the cheese, we are safe. Pain.In.Arse.

    ReplyDelete