Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sneaky??

Sometimes I feel like such a sneak. 

Example A:  My Mom watched my kids while I worked Monday and I told her that I had tons to do and not to worry about bringing them back until 1/2 hour later than I knew I'd be done so I could sneak in a run. 

Example B:  The past 2 nights I've rushed home and put supper in the oven and then found something riveting for the kids to watch on TV so I could get in a workout.  Tuesday night was running and last night Yogalosophy.  Shane was gone so during this time I threatened to beat them (not really) if they interrupted me.  Yep, mom of the year there.

Example C:  Payton had BB after school and I let Grady run wild at the gym and snuck in a run before fetching them both.  Aunt Heather is the coach so I can kind of get away with it. He wasn't TOTALLY unsupervised.  I mean cousin Knight is like 7 now?  I'm sure he had complete control. 

Many moms would pry feel guilty about such sneaky actions, but me, not so much.  Yesterday, the highlight of my 8 yr. old daughter's day was her 10 minute something mile she ran in PE.  Would she honestly have been so excited had she not seen her mother give a (double) fist pump after completing her first nonstop mile on the treadmill?  I think not. 
What's your style?
My health and sanity aren't just for my sake.  My family health history is a prescription for disaster, and it's no big secret that I get very bitchy without my "me" time.  I'm thankful that my family (after much training) "gets" this. 

Do you ever sneak in some "me" time and then almost feel guilty about it?








1 comment:

  1. Grady was perfectly fine at the gym...I only almost ran him over once playing on the side of the road. To his credit, Knight was playing there also and watching him very closely.

    I feel guilty about "me" time all the time but not enough to stop. It makes me a nicer person and when Im happier and nicer, Im a better mom. Its for the good of the people that I get my "me" time.

    ReplyDelete