Monday, January 16, 2012

Sledding Fun

This weekend we went on our first sledding trip to WY.  We were a little worried we wouldn't be able to find snow....especially from the looks of the highway parking lot.
View from the parking lot
Thanks to the veteran sledders we tagged along with,  we found ample snow to get stuck repeatedly for great adventures.  

First minor wreck
Tara and I were very fortunate that our "guides" had the patience of saints as this trip was quite different from those we went on last year.  We had to really ride, not just coast along.  We both have new to us sleds and it took us about half a day (and many near disasters involving trees) to find our groove.
 I'm proud to say I only got stuck once the second day after attempting a stupid daring climb with jumps and Tara narrowly avoided death by her husband after crashing his sled by tree.
Tara and I
My shoulders and back are crazy sore so I've been super lazy today.  Sadly, I ate like a horse and drank like a fish so I really need to get in a workout today.   I'm off to do some yoga in an attempt to loosen my muscles up a bit.  I was in a running funk last week and really need to get back at it this week. 


1 comment:

  1. Fun times! And they were very patient with us. Definately bonus points for all husbands, even the married to other people. I wish I had the confindence on Saturday I was starting to get on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete