Sunday, January 8, 2012

To Share or not to Share??

I'll admit.  I used to think that "those" people that shared their every run or workout via Facebook, Twitter, etc. were extremely annoying.  Like I'd look at their update and tell them through the computer "who the f*** cares?" 

Today I ROCKED my first 5 mile run....and I "shared" it via social networking.  I know some of you probably rolled your eyes and contemplated blocking my updates or even defriending me out of utter annoyance.  I know...I used to occasionally have those thoughts myself.

Well, now I get it.  Although I've always been very active and consider myself "fit", I seriously couldn't run a mile without collapsing, and I'd laugh and make sarcastic jokes about running in general.  TODAY I RAN 5 FREAKIN MILES!!   This is huge, people.  It's newsworthy in my world, especially considering the fact that I turned down free beer last night so I wouldn't feel crappy during the run today.  It's like I don't even know myself:)

I really am not bragging about my milestones nor am I obsessed, but am I proud?  You're damn right!!  TODAY I RAN 5 FREAKIN MILES!!   
You can expect me to continue "sharing" an occasional milestone workout.  Trust me....if I can EVER arrange my body like the instructor on my Yoga DVD, I'll be giving the same fist pump I gave after my first mile. So, please be patient and bare with me until the newness of my latest journey wears off. 

Sound off:  Do you "share" your workouts or do you find it extremely annoying??  










1 comment:

  1. You GOTTA share that!! That is soo awesome!Congrats!! I wanna be you!

    ReplyDelete