Thursday, January 26, 2012

Zero to hero

It's amazing how fast one can go from zero to hero.  Monday I ran with Tara and Katie and I sucked.....wind.  I was an utter failure.  Tuesday, Tara and I ran a shorter distance and it was OK.  Today I ran with Tara again and, BAM, went farther than I intended and wasn't scaring small children with my heavy breathing.  It's great to feel confident before my long run this weekend.  Thanks, Tara!!


On to total randomness.  For supper Tuesday night I ate a handful of fries, 2 bites of a cheeseburger, 3 bites of a grilled cheese and a bowl of cereal.  Tonight I ate 2 scrambled eggs, toast, 3 hershey kisses, and am now munching on dry fruit loops.   

Have I mentioned I have a student teacher this semester for 2 of my classes?  I should be loving it....  sitting around watching someone else do the work.  It's torture. She's doing a good job, but I'm so worried about scores and content and if she's better than me what they might be missing.  She is probably super tired of me looking over her shoulder all the time, so today I subbed for another teacher and got out of the room.  Not going to lie, though, I did stand outside the door and lurk out of sight several times.  Aside from the teaching aspect...I really miss those students:(  And, I might have a slight major control issue.


One last thing....Often during a run or workout, I feel as if I might die.  I've found a very simple solution to forging on.  SMILE.  Do you know how hard it is to feel miserable when you are smiling?  I'm sure I look like a complete idiot, but I'm fine with that.  Try it and let me know how it works for you.









1 comment:

  1. Dont thank me! You can say "you were right" (cause I love to hear those words)...I told you it was an off run and you would get back to where you were.....and you did!!
    Try smiling, waving and turning around all at the same time...its usually a dizz-aster for me but makes me laugh at myself.
    Or run in a tutu-cant be cranky in a tutu ;-)

    ReplyDelete