Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Helloooooo 2012

Seems like the thing to do in bloggerville is talk about all my resolutions for 2012.  I don't really make resolutions (really, no one sets out to have a worse year than the one before) but I can definitely come up with a list to help with becoming a better me.  


  • Clean out my inbox more.  It's ridiculous the number of emails I accumulate.  Pure laziness, I know.
  • Don't hit snooze (so many times) in the morning.  If I get up even 10 minutes late, my house is pure chaos in the mornings.  I end up yelling at everyone to hurry up, threaten to leave them at least 5 times, make 5 trips back and forth to truck, etc.  
  • Eat healthier...especially in regards to sugar, white flour and processed foods.  I seriously believe we are putting toxic waste into our bodies with all the processed foods now a days.  Another soap box for another time.
  • Pack my gym bag the night before.  I hate forgetting my sports bra or the perfect socks.  I do NOT look hot in my gym shorts with the socks I wore to work.  
  • Drink less beer wine soda.  I have no desire to give it up but I think one Diet Coke a day is better than two. 
  • Take a lunch to work.  When I don't I run to the store and buy shit while spending a small fortune a month at the local grocery.  
  • Be a better teacher.  I mean, really, I'm in charge of shaping young minds:)  I'm actually very serious about this.  I find tons of great ideas (many on teaching blogs) and I file them away (bookmark them) and never actually try them out.  I inherited a new reading class today that I'm so excited about and we are starting a "Reading around the World" project.  It's going to be super fun!!
  • Shop less and save more.  I love clothes and I'm not lacking in them, but I often find myself staring at the closet saying, "I have nothing to wear."  Hey, some are emotional eaters...I'm an emotional shopper.  
  • Hug my kids more.  Ask anyone.  I'm not really an affectionate person.  I cringe when others get in my "bubble".  Even my high school students joke about my bubble. 
  • Try something new and adventurous (because we reeeeallly need some more hobbies, NOT).  Last year I added hunting and snowmobiling and love them both!! 
  • De-clutter....from my house to my car to my classroom to my life.  Interpret as you wish.  
To be continued......Who knew my list would get so long?  Bring it 2012!!









2 comments:

  1. Declutter your closet....Ill take your jeans!! Just doing what I can to help you out friend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year you also started blogging! Great new hobby! Awesome goals!

    ReplyDelete