Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Cheer

Redneck cookie cutter or pure brilliance?  You decide:

Apparently, I'm slipping in the "mean mom" department.  The "I'll tell Santa" line is NOT working with my kids today.  I never dreamed an 8yr. old and a 4yr old would have so much to fight about.  Who knew?  I thought making cookies would be a good distraction.  Really, I've just changed my line to "If you don't quit fighting I'm going to beat you you can't help "decorate" the cookies."  

We are super lucky during the holidays as most of our family lives within 45 minutes.  I get exactly 10 days off from work and like to use the time to play catch up on life..one of the perks of being a teacher.  That and the "treats" your students bring you.  Shane and I almost had a war over my roasted honey cinammon almonds last night. 

Workout:  Did Yogalosophy this morning after letting Jillian kick my ass last night.  Man, I love to hate her.  I'm supposed to meet Tara and Katie in town tonight to run 4 miles while looking at Christmas lights.  Not sure how that's gonna work as we could easily see them all in 2 miles.  I'm not going to lie.  I'm VERY apprehensive about running with them fast beotches.  Not sure how my 10:40 pace is going to keep up with their 9:00 pace???  





1 comment:

  1. There isnt any "supposed" to about meeting up...your going to meet up and look at the lights...twice.
    Shawn said (because he reads your blog more the mine) we would also have a war over the roasted almonds also.
    P.S. If you bring me a cookie cut with a chew can I will run an 11:00 pace, just for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete